Google Product Reviews For February 2023
Google said that the February 2023 Product Reviews Update is coming out. This update to product reviews will greatly affect the overall SEO services community. The update will be available in eleven languages worldwide and will take about two weeks to roll out.
Changes to Product Reviews Guidelines
With the February 2023 Product Reviews Update, the existing Product Review update guidance has been made clearer. Google updated the documentation for Product Review Update to clarify that the document addresses the product reviews system and its purpose.
The first big change involves the title of the guidelines. The Old Product Reviews records title was “Google Search’s product review update and your website.” But the new Product Reviews document’s title is “Google Search’s product reviews system and your website.”
Before, the phrase “product reviews system” wasn’t used at all, but now it’s used 10 times. In the first version of Google’s product reviews update guidance, the phrase “product reviews update” appeared ten times. Now, it only shows up three times.
Even though this seems like a small change, it shifts the focus of Google’s help away from the product reviews update. By changing the guidance, the product reviews system gets more attention. That clarifies that the update is transitioning to the “product reviews system.”
Updated Product Reviews in Eleven Languages
The update notification specifically says that it will be available in eleven languages. The update is being rolled out in the following languages:
- l Polish
- l Portuguese
- l Russian
- l German
- l Indonesian
- l Spanish
- l Vietnamese
- l Dutch
- l English
- l French
- l Italian
Big Impact on SEO Services
This update to the product reviews made a big difference. We saw a lot of change over the course of several days and a lot of SEO talk from people in the SEO services community. We saw big changes over the past few days, especially on March 1. Moreover, we also wrote spikes on February 25.
Was this update already being worked on before?
Before the official word of this update, we had seen plenty of unconfirmed changes to how Google ranks search results over the past few weeks. During these quakes, many things affected product review sites. It changed a lot in the days and weeks before this confirmed Google update.
Two-Week Rollout of the Updates
Google also said it would take about two weeks to complete the rollout, which puts the end date on March 7, 2023.
Pointers on Google Product Review Updates
Below is the original advice; however, Google has republished it in a relatively new help document with updated advice dated December 2022.
- l Where appropriate, talk like an expert about a product.
- l Display what the product looks like or how it is used in a way that is different from what the manufacturer provides.
- l Give numbers to illustrate how a product does in different areas of performance.
- l Explain what makes a product different from similar ones.
- l Cover similar products to describe or explain which could suit certain users or situations.
- l Discuss the pros and cons of a certain product based on what you’ve learned about it.
- l Explain how a product has changed from earlier versions or models to improve it, fix problems, or help users decide whether or not to buy it.
- l Find out the most important decision-making factors for the product’s classification and how well the product does in those areas. For instance, a car review could say that fuel efficiency, protection, and handling are the most important things to consider when buying a car and then rate how well the car does in those areas.
- l Describe the key decisions that went into making a product, how they affect the users, and what the manufacturer says.
- l Give proof that you know what you’re talking about, such as pictures, audio clips, or other links to your own experiences with the product, to back up your expertise and make your review seem more real.
- l Include links to more than one seller so the reader can buy from the seller they choose.
What Should You Do If An Update Affects a Site?
Updates to Google’s algorithm have always caused changes in rankings that are only sometimes permanent. SEO services are useful. If the update affects your site, staying calm and waiting until it’s finished is best.
To sum up, we’ve written about every little thing about these product review updates. If you want to read more, just search this site.