Google dominates the online advertising landscape today. The search giant fuels more than 90 percent of paid search clicks on smartphones. Everyone is familiar with Google Ads. It’s known by many names, like AdWords, Google AdSense, or plain ads.
They are those paid advertisements that you can see on the search results on Google when you type in a query. The ads allow businesses to promote and advertise their services when users search for particular keywords. When done effectively, they can turbocharge your leads and sales.
Learning how to set the ads up and manage them effectively is challenging for most business owners. Professional Google ads management services help businesses enhance their ad campaign’s performance and increase the return on investment.
What Is Google Ads Management
Setting up and managing Google ad campaigns demands a lot of time and effort. You need to thoroughly assess the performance of your ads, look at various keywords, change the designs, add copies, and test everything against critical metrics.
These steps allow the creation of an effective ads campaign. A successful Google ads campaign management includes the following:
- Checking and reviewing the structure of the ad campaign.
- Updating the campaign budget and bid.
- Assessing and changing the keyword targeting.
- Optimizing the landing pages, ad copies, and extensions.
- Revising and polishing the audience targeting.
Steps for Efficient Google Ads Management
Did you know that more than 95 percent of organizations overspend countless dollars every month but aren’t able to monitor their campaigns effectively? A lack of knowledge and expertise prevents them from setting up successful campaigns.
Reliable Google ads management services gather valuable insights from the campaign, which enables an organization to develop and curate future content pages on the basis of validated data that showcases what people are searching for online.
Here are the key steps that make up a winning ads management strategy.
01. Inspect the present Google ads performance
Start by taking a good look at your ad performance. The key metrics you should look at are:
- Impressions – It occurs every time your ad gets displayed and seen by a user. You can increase the impressions by enhancing your campaign budget. It will increase your visibility as you’ll be pushed higher on the search engine. Besides budget, the relevance of your ad and its quality are other essential factors to consider. If your ad isn’t relevant to your target users, it won’t get displayed. It, in turn, will leave you with low impressions.
- Clicks – A click occurs when a user views your ad and clicks on it. You should aim for your ad to get as many clicks as possible. But if you aren’t getting more clicks, assess your ad targeting or ad copy.
- Cost – Cost is more than the money you spend on your campaign. Here we are primarily talking about cost-per-click, also called CPC. The experts of a good Google ads management agency find the amount of money they require to get a conversion or a click. It allows them to scale ads. The amount you require to spend depends on your bid, ad rank, and quality score. A bid is the greatest amount of money you can readily pay for a click. The quality score means Google’s rating according to your ad, landing page, and keyword relevancy. The ad rank implies the value of Google to know where your ad will be placed in its search engine results.
- Conversions – A conversion happens when a user takes the desired action, usually on your landing page or website. You can track the conversions as Google provides ways to do so.
- Click-through-rate – Your click-through rate allows Google to determine your ad relevancy. Apart from that, you can also gauge through your CTR how engaging your ad is. A greater click-through rate implies that your ad is getting seen by a large section of the audience. Put simply, it’s a high-performing ad. Usually, such an ad will allow you to notice greater conversions. But if you don’t notice many of them, it means that the service you want to sell doesn’t correspond well with the ad.
02. Align your targeting to your customers and goals
It’s important to think closely about your target customers and goals. Deeply assess this area and find clear answers to questions like whether you are focusing on those researching your services or those looking to buy them. Any misalignment between your targeting and goals (generating leads or driving sales) can prevent your campaign from succeeding.
Suppose you want to increase purchases from your campaign. In that case, you should target keywords with a buy-now or transactional intent like ‘mobile cooler for sale‘ or ‘emergency pet hospital.’ On the contrary, if you are targeting users who are in the initial stages of shopping, target more top-of-the-funnel keywords.
03. Optimize the landing pages
Note that a huge chunk of Google ads management occurs away from the search engine results pages on your website’s landing pages. If your conversions are low, but the ad is gaining a large number of impressions, you need to think about your landing page.
It is essential to optimize the landing page. Look closely at the headline, page structure, call to action, and your offer. A great way to recognize the issue is through an A/B test.
If the landing page doesn’t have a good headline, make a duplicate page with an optimized headline and measure the results. It will allow you to benefit from a quality landing page.
04. Leverage A/B testing
It’s a crucial part of managing ads but demands lots of time and dedication. Professional Google ads management services use this technique to maximize campaign performance.
To A/B test your campaigns, Google allows you to easily test several features like ad copy, landing pages, ad bid, targeting, and more. An A/B test is a good approach that will help your company to use insightful data and enhance your campaign’s performance.
05. Try automated bidding
Upon creating a Google ad, you’ll get two choices, namely manual and automated bidding. Although both have their advantages and disadvantages, automated bidding undoubtedly brings some noteworthy advantages. It allows the search engine to determine the amount you’ll pay per click according to some specific metrics.
With automated bidding, you can take away the guesswork out of setting up bids to fulfill your performance goals. You don’t have to update bids for certain keywords or ad groups manually. Different automated bidding strategies enable you to enhance visibility, clicks, and conversions.
06. Analyze your competitor’s PPC techniques
This step of Google ads campaign management takes your business away from the Google ads platform. Although you can make and launch an ad campaign without researching your competitors, specialists don’t advise it. It won’t help you to benefit from a winning strategy. You can research your competitors in the following ways:
- Enter the search queries on Google and take note of the ads that appear.
- Use a third-party tool like Semrush that’ll help you assess your competitor’s strategy.
- Use a free third-party tool to find competitors’ advertisements and keywords.
Seek the Best Google Ads Management Services and Increase Your ROI
Setting up and managing an effective ad campaign requires your team’s constant attention. A great option is to work with professional Google ads management services who take care of the full management process, right from the setup to optimization. Here are some ways by which they manage your ad campaign efficiently.
01. Complete audit and interview
The service experts conduct a complete audit. They interview your business to comprehend its future goals and plans better.
02. Exhaustive keyword research
The professional conducts thorough research to determine the preferences and needs of your target customers online. They are well aware of the significance of the searcher’s intent for getting the most out of the ad campaign. Therefore, after gaining an in-depth knowledge of your target audience, they conduct exhaustive keyword research. It helps them know better how your potential customers employ particular search terms.
03. Competitive analysis
A trusted Google ads management agency executes deep competitor research to know about their strategies and shortcomings. When you know about your competition and how they capitalize Google ads, it’ll allow you to spend not only less but also gain an optimal ROI.
04. Ad content creation
Professional creative writing team develops highly engaging ads and landing page content. It makes the campaign attain a significant conversion rate.
05. Landing page design and optimization of conversion rate
To reap the benefits of a great conversion rate, landing pages require compelling content and exceptional visuals. They should impart an excellent user experience on all devices. The expert creative team consisting of web designers and developers leaves no stone unturned in creating fully optimized landing pages that impart a memorable experience
Setting up an ad and managing it efficiently are two completely different things. The real success of your ad campaign accrues from the steps you take after it. To reap the benefits of greater leads, sales, and revenue, it’s best to seek the assistance of expert Google ads management services. With their help, you can spend the least and still get a high return from your assigned Google ads budget.